We’ve invited guest blogger Laura from Avery Street Design who has graciously agreed to share her top 5 Mother’s Day must-haves! Laura is not only a loyal Ellie Fun Day supporter but also a former giveaway winner! If you’re interested in finding out if she loved her Ellie Fun Day blanket check out her blog post! Not only is she a blogger but she’s also a mom so feel free to head over to her website and show her some love! From the Ellie Fun Day family we would love to send a huge thank you to Laura for inspiring us to add a few more pins our Pinterest wish list! Until then next time, enjoy!
Truth be told, I never put much thought into Mother’s Day. Last year, all I asked for was a Chipotle Burrito and a nap. (I’m pleased to report that at least one of those wishes was granted). So when Sarah asked me to pick my Top 5 Mother’s Day gifts, it was fun to let my mind wander a bit into a world of little luxuries that I rarely visit.
TOP 5 MOTHER’S DAY GIFTS
1. The Bellfield Tote in Vintage Milled Cocoa has been on my list since I saw it last summer at the Renegade Craft Fair. Handmade in Cleveland by the husband & wife team behind Fount Leather, this bag is heirloom quality that will graduate seamlessly from diaper bag to laptop tote.
2. I fully admit to buying all manner of small accessories for the labels, so it’s no surprise I’m drawn to these deliciously packaged little soaps. Bonus points to Etta + Billie for making theirs look like marble too! Cinnamon Oatmeal Soap by Etta + Billie, and Handmilled Natural Lavender Soap by Raven & Lily.
3. I follow Be Fair & Bloom on Instagram and love their heart for the world. The beautiful Chevron Path Cuff is handmade and fair trade, and I think we can all agree it would look amazing with the Bellfield Tote.
4. Every mom I know could use a cute pair of versatile studs that can’t get yanked on by chubby baby mitts. A blush ring dish to contain them on my nightstand would be icing on the cake. Blush Ring Dish and Aqua Triangle Drusy Quartz Studs by Sister Golden Shop.
5. Want to know a secret? I totally don’t wash my face before bed. By that time of night, I’m lucky to stumble and fall face-first into the pillow with clean teeth and one leg in pajama pants. I’m very intrigued by this Japanese Recycled Rayon Home Cloth from Territory Design though – it just might be the motivation I need to start some better skin-care habits.
So what’s on your wish list?
Here’s to a very Happy Mother’s Day for all the moms out there. May it be filled with snuggles, a few treats, lots of laughs, and at least one extra hour of sleep.